Thursday 17 September 2009

Yesterday!

Ok, so I kind'a ran out of time to be able to post on here yesterday, typical!


So what was I wearing. Well I thought it was a bit of a PINK day yesterday and no I don't mean music wise. I sorted out a pair of trusty pink Y-Fronts. These are from the recently re-issued, Retro Y-Front sports brief edition. Yeh, I know these are very 'old school' for some of you guys out there and they're 100% cotton, where as, I'm way more prone to wear briefs that include lycra to make 'em far more stretchy! But there's just something about Jockey Y Fronts that I can't quite put my finger on! Maybe it's because I grew up in the era where the majority of underwear worn by lads/men was from the Jockey brand.


Only the other day I noticed a good friend of mine was also wearing retro Y-Fronts, (I spotted the waistband) but the much deeper coloured editions. Eventually I worked out he was wearing the green briefs with black trim and yes I did get to see him wearing them and WOW, did he look GOOD in em! Anyways, as far as I knew the deeper colours were only available in the States. Typically here in the UK we always suffer from not being able to buy the same in our stores as over in the States. He did tell me where he got them from, but I forgot :0( So if your reading this and I know he's looked once or twice because he's told me :0). Let me know where you got them from again!


I can remember some GREAT pairs of briefs we used to be able to buy from the Jockey brand. One such briefs I can never get out of my mind were bright yellow, everything, including the trim and they were of some sort of stretchier material than cotton, plus they were mesh. I had about 3 pairs of them when I was younger around ten or twelve and I wore them as much as I could. I think I wore them so many times that they became thread bare.


I wish Jockey would catch up with the other mens underwear brands and bring back some of the older styles just like these retro Y's. Maybe they plan too, maybe this is just one of many they plan too re-release! Well, if you do Jockey, remember don't just manufacture them in cotton, bring back the stretchy material too or at least a substitute for what you used before. Lycra or something like it! I know it's possible as they already use 'Stretch Cotton' and 'Microfibers' including a Mesh and even Nylon in some of their current styles!


6 comments:

  1. Wow I love those pink y-s! You look so hot in them! I must get me some. Please tell me how and where you came upon them.

    That guy with the green jockeys, i'm near sure he said they were from eBay. In fact i'm pretty sure he said eBay. It's the three pack with green, yellow and blue y-fronts.

    I was wearing the yellow ones the other day and man they felt so good, i may wear them again tomorrow (yes they have been washed!)

    Anyway, must pop round for a cup of tea next week! How did you get to see that guy in y-s lol that's another story ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 'em off of the net, from 'Dead Good Undies' and you can get 'em in a few different colours!

    Me HOT. I doubt it lol. That 'guy in the green Y''s.... probably not a story I should share on here ;0) The best things in life are usually the best kept ones ;0)

    Watch out for some more Y's later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the jockey retro y-front my favourites are the red ones with white trim & y, I wear them in front of my mates, trying to get them to wear them too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jockey retro y-fronts in bright colours with white trim, I wish they would make some garish patterned ones with white trim (just like back in the 70's)

    ReplyDelete
  5. heres a picture of me in my red & white y-fronts they feel great & sexy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the best briefs jockey made - the jockey tanga - not a tanga in the traditional sense but a slip brief - was great fabric - also came in a micro style and they also did a french slip which was great - jockey today is too pedestrian in the UK although search online and jockey USA and in india do great styles

    ReplyDelete